Our process begins the same way for virtually all our clients — with a Feng Shui consultation. Below is the step by step process of a Platinum Package Feng Shui consultation. Click on each photo to expand in a new window.
Before the consultation, we ask you to fill out an Intake Form with some information about your home or office, your family or coworkers, and your design style preferences. We also request a copy of your floor plan, in either JPEG or PDF format. We also ask you about your goals, dreams, desires, and priorities.
After we receive your information and before we meet you in person, Jennifer creates a customized Bagua map of your home, office, or building site. Translated from Chinese, Bagua literally means “8 areas” which are believed to relate to every area of our lives.
For the onsite Feng Shui consultation, Jennifer comes to your home or office with her design assistant, who takes notes throughout the entire consultation. She also takes photos, which become your “Before” photos. Jennifer walks through your home or office, room by room, telling you all the Feng Shui implications of everything she sees. She also discusses your interior design desires, styles, and issues. The notes from this meeting become the basis for your written assessment.
Along with your consultation, you will receive Jennifer’s Guidebook on the ABC’s of Feng Shui:
- An overview of Feng Shui,
- Your customized Bagua floorplan,
- Your Personal Feng Shui Sign and what it means,
- Pumping up your Relationship area,
- Pumping up your Wealth area,
- The Cycle of Elements,
- The Locations Table (a reference of your lucky & unlucky locations),
- Colorful & Golden Bagua, Celestial Animals.
We will use the Eight Mansion Theory to determine your compatibility with both your dwelling and the people you live or work with.
Jennifer will also assess: The Topography, The Structure and Object Placement, and The Elements, Directions, Bagua Areas, and Colors.
Afterwards, we return to the office and prepare a room-by-room written report for you (click on the image above to expand it):
• The Feng Shui Master’s assessment of your home or office, with prescriptions, cures, and suggestions
• Interior Design direction for each room
• Artwork, furniture, and accessories to pump up all areas of your life, as well as your family/coworkers.
The assessment includes color photographs of Jennifer’s suggested design ideas, on a room by room basis, such as:
- The living room falls in the Career sector of the home, and a small section of the Helpful People & Travel Sector. Since the Northwest quadrant of your home is missing almost entirely, you need to pump up the Northwest wall as much as possible in this room.
- One cure would be to add the Metal element. We recommend accenting the cinder block wall (making it a feature) with Metallic paint. Our favorite is “Copper Penny” by Modern Masters Metallics.
This document becomes your game plan of how to implement the suggested fixes.
After our clients have had time to absorb their written assessment, 95% of them continue on to the design phase. This is considered the implementation of the Feng Shui assessment.
We use our findings to inform our interior design choices, and tailor them to you and your home. You can hire us for as little or as much as you’d like. Maybe you need help with:
- Deciding between restoration or full-blown renovation
- Historically appropriate detailing
- Kitchen or Bath renovation
- Lighting Design
- Paint color selection
- Use of wallpaper
- Furniture & material selection
- Artwork selection – we also offer custom artwork!
- Rugs and flooring – engineered? real hardwood?
- Choice of cabinetry, window coverings, accessories, etc.
We offer exterior design services to cover all your needs. From color schemes to full curb appeal packages, we love making homes and buildings just as welcoming on the outside as the in.
We apply Feng Shui concepts to our work, matching colors and layouts with a home’s structure, orientation and architecture. These design modes require extensive research and diligence.
We just appeared on HGTV’s “Flip It to Win It”. One of the flipping teams hired us to Feng Shui the home they were selling. After implementing our suggestions, they ended up selling it at a 36% profit!
Read one of our latest Home Staging success stories here.
We specialize in working with the furnishings you currently have, and streamlining the look with new paint, accessories and our secret weapon: Feng Shui!
Here at Feng Shui Style, we are completely passionate about saving, repurposing and preserving historic buildings, including your home.
When we present you with our design plan, you can rest assured that we have researched your home and all its architectural elements, and considered it in the context of your neighborhood as well.
Whether it’s Mid-century, Spanish, Colonial, Adobe, Victorian, Craftsman, we have you covered!
Landscaping & Gardening
Our spirit thrives when we are connected with nature. Feng Shui Style creates landscape designs for all types of yards.
We specialize in sustainable landscaping, edible plants, organic gardening, Permaculture and Feng Shui design. We utilize only the best drought tolerant, native and low maintenance plants for our clients and incorporate cutting edge eco-technology from xeriscaping to hydroponic gardening.
Our gardens are a beautiful way to connect with nature.